What is the treatment for white patches on my penis?

Jan 2014

hi i am having white curdy patches on my penis , i am male , i applied an ointment but that doesnot work , please suggest any treatment .
Posted Fri, 31 Jan 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 10 minutes later
Brief Answer: Candidal Balanitis, topical and/or oral antifungal Detailed Answer: Hi. Thanks for posting your concern at XXXXXXX I would keep a possibility of candidal balanitis. Classical Candidal Balanitis presents with the following signs and symptoms: itching, redness, edema, white deposition/curdy white patches and linear cracks all round on the inner surface of prepuce (if the adjacent prepuce is also involved). General measures: -Avoid soap to clean the delicate skin of foreskin and glans. Instead you can use just plain water for gentle cleansing. -Abstain from intercourse for a week till it is cured OR otherwise you can use a condom Specific treatment for candidal balanitis: -I normally advice my patients to apply a topical steroid+antifungal cream(Clotrimazole+beclomethasone) twice daily for 7 days. -An oral antihistamine like cetrizine once daily will help you with the itch. If its slow to respond OR recurs again i would advice that you visit your nearby dermatologist who might prescribe you one of the oral anti-fungal agents (either Fluconazole 150mg single dose OR Itraconazole 100mg twice daily for 7 days). take care regards