What is the treatment for vitamin B12 deficiency?

I want to know about the treatment for vitamin B12 deficiency? And the treatment for it.
Posted Sat, 27 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 1 hour later

Welcome to Healthcare Magic.

Vitamin B12 in found in foods of animal origin- milk, cheese, meat, egg, fish, so take these as culturally acceptable.
in cases of heavy worm infestation in the gut the vitamin B12 deficiency can occur, so it's worthwhile to get stool tested for parasitic ova and cysts.
If you are symptomatic then the vit.B12 1000 mcg IM daily for 7 days then weekly for 6 months should be given.

If no symptoms but low levels you can improve diet and take the vitamin orally 1500mcg once a day for 6 months.

I hope my advise will be informative and helpful for you.

Take care!