What is the treatment for vaginal itching?
User rating for this question
My girl friend is Suffering from vaginal itching from past two weeks after making love
Posted Wed, 5 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 47 minutes later
Brief Answer: Fungal infection Detailed Answer: Dear Arihant. Welcome to XXXXXXX I am Dr Anshul Varshney , I will try to help you. Vaginal Itching can be due to fungal infection , which may be associated with white discharge per vaginally also . It might be also possible that she developed some allergic reaction to condom in case you used. She may go to a gynaecologist for a local examination. I prefer to give a stat single dose of fluconazole 200 mg in such cases to my patients. You may discuss with you doctor about my opinion, I am sure your doctor would agree. If you have any further query , you may please ask me.
Follow-up: What is the treatment for vaginal itching? 7 minutes later
Ya we used a condom, can these syptomns can be of pregnancy?
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 45 minutes later
Brief Answer: Very Unlikely Detailed Answer: Dear Friend This is not a specific symptom of pregnancy. It's very unlikely. Better to follow what I just advised , everthing will be just fine. If you don't have any further query , you may please close the discussion and rate it.
Follow-up: What is the treatment for vaginal itching? 32 hours later
She took 1dose yesterday, will you suggest one more dose or its done?
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Fluconazole 200 mg Detailed Answer: Dear Arihant. Stat Single dose of Fluconazole is 200 mg. It is initially taken stat and if required repeated after 15 days. This varies from clinician to clinician. However I would still recommend that if she doesn't get relief, she should see a doctor for examination. If you don't have any further query , you may please close the discussion and rate it.
People also viewed
- Diagnosis of secondary hyperaldosteronism
- Treatment and cure for vaginal itching
- Is irritability a side effect of fortesta?
- Is feeling faint a side effect of fragmin?
- What is the cause and treatment for vaginal itching
- What to do for vaginal itching
- Suggest treatment for vaginal itching
- Is wheezing a side effect of glucarpidase?
- Diagnosis of lymphangioma
- Diagnosis of acromegaly
- Is indigestion a side effect of glipizide?
- Diagnosis of vitamin-d deficiency
- What is the treatment for vaginal itching
- Diagnosis of myotonia
- Is dizziness a side effect of generess fe?