What is the treatment for vaginal dryness?

Question
Good Afternoon, Ive been having vaginal dryness for almost two weeks now. Somedays I get a slight itch aswell! Im not sure what causes this as im only 20 and ive never had this problem before! I heard clyndamicin would be good but I need to know the problem first. Thanks!
Posted Thu, 19 Dec 2013 in Vaginal and Uterus Health

Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 8 minutes later
Brief Answer: Kindly reply few questions. Detailed Answer: Hi XXXX, Thank you for choosing XXXXXXX I can understand your problem. But, Kindly reply few questions so that I can guide you further: Are you sexually active? Do you have normal menstrual cycle? Along with the itching do you have any associated abnormal vaginal or white discharge? Please ask if you have more questions, and do write back with the answers so that I can guide you further. Awaiting your response. Regards Arif

Follow-up: What is the treatment for vaginal dryness? 20 minutes later
Hi again, I am not sexually active as in i dont have intercourse. No abnormal vaginal discharge but sometimes a change in odour. Thanks for your prompt reply.

Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Could be mild vaginal infection. Detailed Answer: Hi XXXX, Thank you for choosing XXXXXXX After analyzing your answers I feel you might be having vaginal infection (probably bacterial vaginosis or mild candidial infection), and may be due to excoriation there might be some amount of vaginal dryness. Considering other things like normal periods, no vaginal discharge, my advice is you can ignore the present symptom. If you are very concerned about the present symptom you can apply vaginal cream which contains Clobetasol for local application. Kindly visit your doctor for prescription. Please ask if you have more questions. If you are satisfied, please make sure that your ACCEPT my answer so that I receive credit. Good luck!!

Follow-up: What is the treatment for vaginal dryness? 9 minutes later
Thanks doctor. Should I wait until it heals itself? No medication? Thanks.

Brief Answer: No medication for just vaginal dryness. Detailed Answer: Hi XXXX, For just dryness symptom I do not advise you any medication currently. But, if the itching increases or if there is any associated vaginal discharge, then you can apply the cream which I have mentioned in my previous answer. If you do not have any further clarification you can close the discussion. Kindly rate & review my answer. Wish you good health. Regards, Dr Arif You can consult me again directly through my profile WWW.WWWW.WW