Ask a Urologist   »  

What is the treatment for urinary retention?

not able to urine properly. almost 90% is blocked.
Posted Fri, 20 Dec 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Chandan Choudhary 17 hours later
Dear XXXXXXX Please get your ultrasound KUB (Kidney, Ureters and Bladder), residual volume, uroflowmetry, urine routine & culture, kidney function test, and CECT KUB done and get back to me. Broadly low urine output can be because of either obstructive uropathy or medical renal disease. Also, write me in details whether you are suffering from Diabetes, hypertension or any other disease. Awaiting your response.
Follow-up: What is the treatment for urinary retention? 3 hours later
Hi, Yesterday I consulted the doctor and he asked me to undergo following test to start the treatment. CBC, RBC, Serum creatinine, HbAC, Urine routine, Urine C/S, USG and Uroflow meter. All test are completed except the uroflow meter ( due to insufficient flow the machine not able to read ). Expected the reports by today evening, after consulting the Doctor will post you the outcome.