What is the treatment for upset stomach?

Apr 2014

I just started to take Omeprazole, my problem is I still have up set belly, it might last a couple hours or it may last all day
Posted Tue, 31 Dec 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: It will take some time for full action. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX It will take some time before your symptoms vanishes. Take omeprazole half hour before food. You also need few investigations so that it can be decided that you need more medicines or not. Your problems need to exclude peptic ulcer and Gall bladder calculus and these can be easily excluded by investigations. Investigations include routine hemogram,RBS,LFT,ultrasound of abdomen,Upper GI endoscopy. You should avoid hot and spicy food and don't take stress.Stress is one of the important factor. Get well soon. Hope i have answered your query. Further queries are most welcome. Take Care Dr.Indu XXXXXXX