What is the treatment for upper left quadrant pain?

I have pain in my upper left quadrant. It goes away right after eating & comes back a few hours later. It radiates into my left back.
Posted Tue, 28 Jan 2014 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Peptic ulcer Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query. I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through. The knd of pain that you are descrbing is classic of peptic ulcer. Presence of food neutralizes thr acid and reruces pain which returns ones the food has passes through. The diagnosis can be confirmed by endoscopy. You need tobtake bland diet and take a course of anti acids such as ranitidine or pantoprazole for a few weeks. Hope I am able to answer your concerns. If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you. If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback. In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link: Wish you good health, Kind regards Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.
Follow-up: What is the treatment for upper left quadrant pain? 13 minutes later
Can I also add that when I take antacids, the pain goes away, and if i take them for a few days, it goes away altogether. When I eat spicy or fatty foods, the pain comes back and i feel bloated. If I take mostly liquids & bland food (like cream of wheat, hot tea, juices, and oatmeal), I feel better. But if i stop taking antacids, the pain comes back. Also, there are loud gurgling sounds coming from my stomach. I am worried this might indicate pancreas problems. Have a doctor's appointment for next week but am still worried.
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 7 hours later
Brief Answer: Peptic ulcer it is Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the add on information. Your information further provides evidence for the illness to be a peptic ulcer. You have continue treatment for a longer time and if required you may take magnesium sulphate. It may not be pancreas disease as the presentation are different. Regards Dr. Srikanth Reddy