What is the treatment for upper back pain?

hi my name is XXXXXXX i have a pain upper right back especially when i try to yawn or when i sleep { pain wakes me up to change sides in my sleep} please help
Posted Wed, 11 Dec 2013 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 48 minutes later
Brief Answer: Upper right back pain when sleep or yawn... Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX As you are saying you have no medical issue, then, most probably is more a neuro-muscular in origin: - arthritis - muscular strain - lack of vitamins (especially of B group) and minerals (calcium, magnesium) If I were your caring doctor would ask for : - abdominal ultrasound - examination of stool - urine analysis - transvaginal ultrasound - Chest x-ray If everything is ok, then, - can take multivitamin supplements, - painkillers - eat often,small portions - eat less at bedtime, go to sleep after 4 hours after eating - try not to lift heavy things - keep exercised, but avoid stretching exercises - apply warm clothing - apply local pain killers Hope it answered to your inquiries! feel free to ask me again at the next follow up if you have more questions! Dr.Alba