What is the treatment for unexplained bruising on both sides of my upper back and wheezing in chest?

Pediatrician, Pulmonology
Question
I have unexplained purple bruising on both sides of my upper back in the shoulder area, I also have very very bad lower back pain, I can't stand for more then a min. Then I have to sat down, I noticed the bruising two weeks ago and it hasn't went away, it looks like the bruising has gotten worse, I also have whizzing in my chest when I breath I can hear it and if I open my mouth other people can hear it also, can you please help me, I'm really worried, please help, XXXX,
Posted Thu, 16 Jan 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Sonila Borici 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Please follow the suggestions below... Detailed Answer: Hi dear XXXX, The purple bruising you are having on both sides of your upper back in the shoulder area could be related to any accident you have had recently and gone unnoticed. The very bad lower back pain you are having, could be related to: - any trauma/crash you had recently - kidney/spinal cord problems - uro-genital problems. The wheezing you had in the chest when breathing, could be related to: - pleuritis (inflammation/infection of pleura after viral or bacterial infection) - COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease) - asthmatic bronchitis So, I'd suggest to go to ER as soon as possible as you need to: - get physically checked (auscultation from pulmonologist) - do chest X-ray, Ct-scan - ECG, cardiac Echo - abdominal ultrasound - urine analysis - complete blood profile/and biochemical tests - vaginal swab testing - transvaginal ultrasound All the best! Dr.Sonila

Follow-up: What is the treatment for unexplained bruising on both sides of my upper back and wheezing in chest? 1 hour later
Thank you for helping, I haven't injured my back at all, I can only walk & stand for about a 1 min. If that, that's why I'm so worried about the purple bruising that jousts showed up over night. And very day there is more & more purple bruising and it isn't going away, can you please let me know what dr. I should see for this! Thank you

Answered by Dr. Sonila Borici 20 hours later
Brief Answer: Please follow the suggestions below... Detailed Answer: Dear XXXX Thank you sending me more of your medical data. If you haven't injured your back and if it is not painful please consult a hematologist, it may be related with a clotting problem we call it caogulopathy. If you have a clotting problem,blood vessels of your back are easy damaged when you lay down. Wishing you fast recovery. If you have other query I would be glad to assist you further. Dr.Sonila