What is the treatment for uncontrolled diabetes?

Hi I would like your opinion of my blood test please white blood cells 13.8,neutrophils 10.0,esr 1,haemoglobin 157,s chloride 92,s creat 39,calcium 2.69, s cholesterole 6.1 s ca (corr)2.61,s crp 7.hbac1 9.5,hdac1(ifcc) ,eag 12.5,I have diabetes and a muscle myophathy I have been tired and have been putting on weight but i have been stricked on what i eat as i try and keep my levels balanced and exercise 2 times a week my age is 52 because of the myophathy i try and keep my weight at 62kg i am 5ft 4in but my weight at the momment is 69kg thanks XXXXXXX
Posted Mon, 30 Dec 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 28 minutes later
Brief Answer: Need the units Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query I have gone through your report, could you please get back to me with the units these results are in. It is not possible to interpret reports if the units are not given and I might also end up not giving you the right information. The ideal thing to do would be to scan or take a picture of the report and upload it onto out server Please get back to me, I am awaiting your reply Regards
Follow-up: What is the treatment for uncontrolled diabetes? 6 hours later
i cant scan the report but this is what was written on the report, white blood cells/neutrophils= x10*9/L esr =mm/hr haemoglobin =g/l chloride,creat,calcium,cholesterol =mmol/L hbac1c,eAG,= mmol/mol hbac1C=% I hope his helps
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 21 hours later
Brief Answer: Uncontrolled diabetes Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the reply I am extremely sorry for the delay in my reply, I was very unwell I have gone through the reports and I also understand your query. Here is what I suggest you should do 1. Your sugars are uncontrolled, ideally hba1c should be less than 6.5%. I strongly advice you to take an opinion from an endocrinologist for it. You will need to be on medications for the same 2. Increase in weight in spite of diet and exercise should be worked up in the form of thyroid profile and cortisol levels. Also make sure you are not eating foods rich in calories like pastas, fries, snack, etc 3. Do more of cardio exercises like running, jogging , swimming , etc 4. They key for losing weight is to eat smaller meals with higher fibre content in the form of fruits and vegetables 5 times a day than eating 3 times a day Besides this your WBC count is slightly high. In the presence of raised blood sugar, you need to be evaluated for infection. I would test your urine sample and blood based on your current symptoms. May I know if you are suffering with fever or any other unusual symptoms. I am again extremely sorry for the delayed response Please get back to me for further queries Regards
Follow-up: What is the treatment for uncontrolled diabetes? 3 hours later
Hi Yes I have had a fever on and off through the day and night sweats and just really tied I can sleep 9hrs at night then I could sleep for a couple of hours in the day as well if I let myself,I have a good diet I avoid fries,pasta,and rice as it raises my sugar levels and if I do its a small serve ,I eat veges nightly and I have 2 serves of fruit as well and I might have two slices of bread if I have a sandwich in the day and breakfast I have low GI cereal or yogurt . So I'm just not sure what else I can do ,also I have an hour workout 3 times a week. thanks XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 27 minutes later
Brief Answer: Hello Detailed Answer: Thanks for the reply 1.Your diet is good and you should follow the same. Make sure you are not having banana, mangoes and butter fruit in your fruit diet as these are known to be high on glycemic index 2. Increase the number of workouts to what I have mentioned earlier. It should be for minimum of 6 times a week 3. Fever is of concern right now, it is most likely to be a bacterial infection as your total count is raised, if I were to be your physician I would have empirically started on levofloxacin once a day for 5 days and got your urine routine, blood culture and chest x ray done to known the focus of the infection I hope I was of help to you, if you have any further queries please get back to me Regards