What is the treatment for two cone shaped fleshy lumps in vagina?

Question
I have two cone shaped fleshy lumps in my vagina
Posted Mon, 18 Nov 2013 in Vaginal and Uterus Health

Answered by Dr. Rogers Nditanchou 56 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Too early to worry so much

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for the query,

It is important to get the lumps evaluated for. This could range from normal masses or tissue, especially if you were not fund of examining the vagina carefully in the past.

common causes of vaginal masses however could range from cysts, vaginal warts (masses commonly caused by a virus called the human papilloma virus), tumors and abscesses. Noting whether the mass is painful or not is important. If the masses are increasing in size or not, and at what rate if yes are important questions your doctor shall require in the evaluation process.
If there are swollen lymph nodes and pain, in infection/abscess or tumor should be raised as main possibilities.

If not, I do suggest you book an appointment with an experienced gynecologist for proper clinical review. Feel free asking follow up questions in case you got specific concerns. Kind regards.

No worries for now,

Dr Rogers.

Follow-up: What is the treatment for two cone shaped fleshy lumps in vagina? 35 minutes later
They are not painful and may be there for a while- I have thrush like symptoms
Vaginal itching red and swollen and discomfort on urination
I got canesten duo and the symptoms are easing - never had thrush before .
Almost look like swollen skin tags but I never noticed them before.
Should l just keep a check on them myself ?

Answered by Dr. Rogers Nditanchou 10 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Preferable to XXXXXXX your doctor
Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for the query,

It s ok you are on treatment and the symptoms are easing. It might be however worthy to get a proper evaluation from your doctor. The extent of the thrush infection could be important to be appreciated, especially if the symptoms do persist, or reoccur immediately after.

Getting examined by a medical doctor to me is important. This is simple to be very sure and exclude any possible serious condition,though, for now seems very unlikely.

Be calm , but I suggest you book an appointment with a doctor for a proper review. In case you are sexually active, it might advisable to have protected sex and also get your sexual partner, in case you do, examined and treated. This shall avoid you from being reinfected .

Thanks and kind regards as I hope this helps.

Dr Rogers