What is the treatment for thumb injury caused due to splinter removal?
User rating for this question
I had a splinter removed from my thumb, they had to dig it out, and applied a bandage, somehow I believe that it became infective, they gave antibodies to take and nothing is helping this injury, being the thumb it's hard to keep from bumping it, They dug into the wound and the thumb is still the same, and i keep on bumping it...please help or advise what to do T.Y. RHM
Posted Mon, 27 Jan 2014 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Roopa Hiremath 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Antibiotics and rest to part Detailed Answer: Hi Mr. XXXX, Thanks for choosing health care magic for your query. I understand your concern as you have to use your hands frequently for daily routine chores. If your treating doctor has had go deep to remove the splinter then it will take at least 2-3 days for the wound to heal. I would suggest you continue and complete the full course of antibiotics prescribed and you can take over the counter painkillers for the pain. Rest to the part will aid the healing process. Try as much as possible not to use the hand with the injured thumb. If the pain does not reduce and if there is increased swelling of thumb you need to get in touch with your treating doctor for examination. Keep the bandage clean and dry and get it changed if soiled. I assure you you will feel better in 2-3 days. Wishing you a speedy recovery. Thanks.
People also viewed
- Is nightmares a side effect of losartan?
- Suggest treatment for thumb injury
- Is headache a side effect of nifedipine?
- Is back pain a side effect of minivelle?
- If i have gardnerella vaginalis does my partner
- Is sweating a side effect of lisinopril?
- I have been prescribed flucloxacillin for mrsa infection surely wrong
- Thumb and finger injury water cyst on wrist treatment
- I have got dog bite and i am facing irritability headache fever
- Treatment for pain in knee due to injury
- I got treated for a yeast infection but does my husband still have it
- Is skin rash a side effect of lapatinib?
- Thumb hyperextension injury and treatment
- What is the treatment for knee injury
- If you had anti rabies vaccine before do i have to get it again if my dog bit me