What is the treatment for the outgrowth on forehead?

hi my sister has this out growth on her forehead from past 6 months and its growing. she did not have any hurt. so want to know why this happened? and what is the treatment? will it be completely removed?
Posted Sat, 30 Nov 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 47 minutes later
Brief Answer: probably benign osteoma Detailed Answer: Hi, I read your query with diligence. I understand your concern for your sister. I have also looked at the image in depth. It more likely seems like a benign bone growth, also called as osteoma. It is usually painless and harmless. You need not do anything about this. This could have happened as a result of unnoticed trauma or injury. Sometimes, it can occur even without any trauma, just by itself. Please relax, as this is harmless. It would not cause any dangers to health. Usually it does not require any treatment. However, you may want to get it excised or removed surgically for cosmetic reasons. Yes, it can be excised completely and can be removed as well. Regards,
Follow-up: What is the treatment for the outgrowth on forehead? 18 minutes later
my mother also had this she has under gone operation but after few years it has regrown. so do we have some kind of permanent solution
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 8 minutes later
Brief Answer: depends on the cause Detailed Answer: Hi, If it is a single growth, and if there is no other similar growth anywhere else in the body, it would not re-grow. However, since your mother had it as well, it may be hereditary. In such a case, there are chances of regrowth after a few years. For this again, excision of the growth would be permanent solution. In my view, it does not seem like it would regrow. It seems like a solitary lesion and can be excised.
Follow-up: What is the treatment for the outgrowth on forehead? 20 minutes later
by excision u mean surgery or some kind of excersise. is there any solution apart from operations
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 34 hours later
Brief Answer: yes, it is surgery Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Sorry for the delayed due to Sunday being holiday. Yes, by excision I mean Surgery or removal of the growth completely by surgery. These kind of growths do not subside by any other measures except for surgery. Hope it is clear to you. Take care!