What is the treatment for swollen,inflamed tonsil,and pain under jaw and ear?
User rating for this question
Ok, I have had an issue on and off with my right tonsil for years. It feels swollen, inflamed, and aches a bit under jaw and ear. I have been examined by ENT.....scope into nose to view tonsil, throat, etc all normal. I also had a CT scan with and without contrast....all normal. I did before the scan push to hard to remove some debris or stones....a week ago I went on Prednisone and anti inflammatory.....not much better 7 days later. Any ideas as to what it is and what you would suggest?
Posted Thu, 2 Jan 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Hariom Sharma 5 hours later
Brief Answer: Better to go for tonssilectomy Detailed Answer: Hi, I went through your query and medical history. If you are not relieved with the medical treatment and the symptoms are from the right tonsil only, I would suggest that you opt for tonsilectom. The organ can be studied histopathologically to confirm the condition. It is both diagnostic as well as therapeutic management. My intention is to remove your disease and also diagnose your disease. At your age, this seems a better option. Hope this addresses your concerns. If you have any doubt, I will be available for your query. Wish you good health.
People also viewed
- Calpol ear probe covers
- Lemon drops and mastoiditis
- Xanax abuse long-term effects
- Sofradex drops and headaches
- What is the treatment for severe ear pain
- What is the treatment for ear and head pain
- Ayurvedic treatment for eczema
- What is the cause and treatment for ear pain
- Suggest treatment for severe jaw and inner ear pain
- Drugs for git infection
- Z pack for cough
- Uses of hifenac drug in sinusitis
- Z pack and heart
- Sharp pain in ear what kind of treatment will help
- Fertility drugs and hearing loss