What is the treatment for swollen thumb caused due to dog bite?

hello my dog was fighting another dog and I was pulling them apart and my dog bit me. now my thumb is very swollen and I can't move is leaking fluid a little... what should i do? I have attached photos
Posted Mon, 10 Feb 2014 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Considerations Detailed Answer: Hello & thank you for submitting your question. Tissue wounds from animal bites or scratches need to be examined by a physician. You should almost definitely begin taking an antibiotic for this. Keep the area clean and covered in the meantime. I hope this was helpful & that you can see a physician soon. Take care, Dr G