What is the treatment for swollen shin?
User rating for this question
I hit my Shin last week and its still swollen. It also hurts when I bend my foot when walking. What should I do?
Posted Sat, 15 Feb 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 19 minutes later
Brief Answer: X-ray should be done. Detailed Answer: Hello! Thank you for the query. According to the picture it does not look bad. There is a wound which is healing good. It may hurt as the muscles and other tissues have been injured. The pain can be present for even a week or two. If there was no X-ray of this area after the injury and the pain is still present, it would be good to have bone fractures ruled out. You should consult orthopedist for an examination of this area. In a meanwhile please try to not overload this leg and put it a little bit higher when lying down (on the pillow). This will increase healing process. Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions. Regards.
People also viewed
- Can diabetics use eglonyl
- Diabetes right eye feels waterlogged
- Displaced fracture in toe
- What is the treatment for swollen ear
- Distal interphalangeal joint swelling
- Lyme disease igg positive
- Distal radius fracture surgery
- Foot pain leg discoloration
- What is the treatment for the swollen throat
- What is the treatment for swollen shin
- What is the treatment for swollen ankle
- What is the treatment for swollen uvula
- Is endura mass good for diabetics
- Epiglottis malfunction and diabetes
- Diabetes mellitus and esr