What is the treatment for swollen gland under my jaw bone while suffering from headache and diarrhea?

Tomorrow will be 4 days that I have had this headache of mine. At first it was on the right side of my head, now it has moved over to the left side, just directly behind my eye and then continues on through to the back of my head. this morning I noticed that my gland just below my jaw bone was swelled up. I have also been having a hunger knot in the pit of my stomach, which makes me feel like I'm hungry or going to throw up. There also has been diarrhea. That smells really bad diffidently not a normal smell. I have taken every kind of over the counter medication. Nothing seems to be working. HELP.
Posted Thu, 23 Jan 2014 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Viral infection or migraine Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for trusting us with your health concern. Having continuous headache for last four days without any history of head injury may be due to- 1. Anxiety/ tension- try to relax yourself, decrease alcohol or caffeine intake, take a mild sedative for a good and restful sleep, do mild aerobics, etc. 2. Eyestrain-Straining your eyes to focus on things can be a big factor of what causes headaches. You need to get your eyes examined for refraction. 3.Depression/ migraine/ High blood pressure. 4. Generalized viral infection with electrolyte imbalance All the above causes need to be excluded after a direct examination and investigations by a physician. If the headache is not getting relieved with mild pain killers then you can try some herbal preparations for the same. Do take a bland diet, with no milk, black tea with lemon, and yogurt rice, and ripe bananas for a couple of days. Drink plenty of fluids to avoid dehydration. Get your stool examined and if it indicates infection see your doctor for a course of antibiotics. You can meanwhile take Lomotil twice a day along with the diet I have suggested. Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Rakhi Tayal. For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL