What is the treatment for swelling in outer thighs?

i have swelling in both of my outer thighs..where thighs and buttock connects .. i feel the flesh is little harder when i sit ..dull pain is there...left leg is painful than right leg..when i sit down thee is slight bulge on outer sides of tigh
Posted Wed, 22 Jan 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 26 minutes later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Sir, Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX Well looking into your problem I would like to tell you that it can be a muscle hypertrophy or fatty accumulation . Since you mention of pain and hardness in the muscles it is very important to evaluate for myositis . I will advise you to get a CPK and thyroid levels done to see for it . Diffuse leg pain can be a manifestation of Vitamin D deficiency and metabolic deficiencies . You should get vitamin D level , S calcium levels done for that . I will advise you to see a rheumatologist for this as physical examination will form a very important part in diagnosing your problem . It will be very difficult to give you a diagnosis at this time as you have vague complaints hence require further evaluation before making any comment . Take care. Dr. Shruti
Follow-up: What is the treatment for swelling in outer thighs? 33 minutes later
The hard flesh is located near the greater troanchanter on both the legs. The swelled area is soft while touching and the pains and goes off and some times it pains in buttock as well. There is stiffness in joints in the morning time especially
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 7 minutes later
Brief Answer: follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Sir Whatever symptoms mentioned now like pain and stiffness in joints give a hint towards arthritis . ESR and CRP will be helpful in determinig the amount of inflammation going on in the body specially during arthritis . Rest a condition known as seronegative spondyloarthropathy also needs to be ruled out. Dr. Shruti