Ask a Urologist   »  

What is the treatment for sudden swelling in penis?

this morning my penis suddenly swollen, i do not feel any pain and do not experience any problem for urinary. after check it looks like a hematoma of the skin around penis, i have used ice surround penis however the swollen havnt go down. i am wondering in the mean time is there anything i should do ? should i go to emergency for this ??
Posted Sat, 28 Dec 2013 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 27 minutes later
Brief Answer: give it rest and support Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query. I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through. It may happen cause on injury and hematoma as you said is the usual suspect. You mentioned that you are already applying ice. Take some rest and wear a fitting innerwear so that you are private parts are provided adequate support. There is no need to panic unless there is pain or fever. If there is pain or fever or anyother signs of severity then you should see a doctoer immediately. Otherwise you can wait for 48 hours if you cannot seek medical help immediately. As of now no need to panic. Hope I am able to answer your concerns. If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you. If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback. In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link: Wish you good health, Kind regards Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D. Psychiatrist and sexologist