What is the treatment for stomach cramps?

Hi my name is XXXXXXX lately I have been having stomach pain/cramps that go away after I eat but only for a short time then come back I have regular bowl movements can u advise me.
Posted Thu, 30 Jan 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 52 minutes later
Brief Answer: GERD,Gastritis,meds you take causes to cramps/pain Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX If the cramps/pain you have are prior to eating, it might be related to increased acidity when you are getting hungry. If you are also having burping or gas, it might be related to - GERD, - gastritis, - first symptoms of ulcer. - medications you might be taking I'd suggest first to make some changes in your lifestyle and diet habits: - eat often, small portions and slowly (in order not to let your stomach empty for long time) - avoid spicy, chilly, fatty, sugary foods and citrus - avoid alcohol, coffee, chocolate, carbonated, energetic drinks - avoid too hot or too cold foods/drinks - do not lay down immediately after eating - can take otc antiacids, probiotics If within a 1-2 weeks time, you will not see any improvement, should consult a GI specialist as you might need further evaluation through upper gastroscopy. Hope it helped! Feel free to ask me other questions you might have! Dr.Alba
Follow-up: What is the treatment for stomach cramps? 1 hour later
Hi thanks for your reply I do not take any meds so I can rule that out what is GERD I will try your suggestions and see how that goes thank you.
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 8 minutes later
Brief Answer: Looking forward for your positive feedback soon... Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Thank you for following up. Looking forward to have a positive feedback on the upcoming days. Dr.Alba