What is the treatment for stiffness in shoulder and tingling in hand with a history of atypical pneumonia and lung infection?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
History of atypical pneumonia and lung infection 3 months ago Symptoms began several months ago with severe pain in joint connecting thumb to hand. X-ray showed arthritis. Now have same pain in both hands, both elbows have constant pain and pressure on "funny bone ". Stiffness in shoulders. Can hardly take my own coat off. Intermittent tingling and numbness in arms and hands. Neck now beginning to be sore and a little stiff popping in wrists and neck. Pain sometimes very severe in thumb. Often wake up due to thumb joint pain. Dr did arthtitis blood tests. Sed rate elevated. No other abnormal test results, past 2 weeks nearly always feel sob. Feel like I cannot quite fill lungs. Feel the need to mouth breathe and often take very deep breaths
Posted Sun, 12 Jan 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 48 minutes later
Brief Answer: Due to compression of nerve root there is tingling Detailed Answer: Hello, I have studied your case. Due to compression of this nerve root there is tingling numbness in your arm and elbow and pain associated with it. I will advise you to MRI cervical spine for better diagnosis. For these symptoms analgesic and neurotropic medication can be started. Till time, avoid lifting weights, Sit with support to back. You can consult physiotherapist for help. Physiotherapy like ultrasound and interferential therapy will give quick relief. I will advise to check your vit B12 and vit D3 level. For arthritis I will advise you ACCP (anti-cyclic citrullinated peptide) blood test to confirm arthritis as its more specific and you have elevated sed rate along with stiffness of shoulder. Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. Wishing you good health. Take care.