What is the treatment for splits in penis when suffering from cellulitis?

After using a penis ring; the shaft of my penis actually split and widened. Along the split there is a bubbling. I can actually push the fluid up where it collects just under the head. It forms at the top where I can squezze the fluid out. But this fluid always comes back. I have used hot moist towels to no avail. The fluid does not itch or hurt. Is there any way to remove these fluid pockets. I tried a cortisone cream and that gave me an infection. That turned into cellulitis. This is very aggravating. Everything works great as far as urinating and erection. What do you think ? Thanks for your help.
Posted Mon, 3 Feb 2014 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Considerations Detailed Answer: Hello and thank you for submitting your question. I strongly advise you to see a physician in person for a physical examination. The symptoms you describe may lead to infection and scarring of the tissue. Also, please discontinue use of cortisone/steroid cream on the area. Steroid creams should almost never be used on the genitalia (or on the eyes/face). At this point, you are certainly running a risk of infection and you must get this treated properly in order to prevent any need for further medical/surgical intervention. I hope this provides some clarity and direction regarding your condition. I wish you good health and good luck. Take care, Dr G