Ask a Urologist   »  

What is the treatment for soreness in genital area and stomach pain?

Jul 2016

There is an area on my gentile area that is sore to the touch, in about a days time the area opened and became pussy and infected. A day after that I started waking up sweating and having severe stomach pains when standing up or sitting down (changing position). After my shower tonight I noticed two other small areas where the infection is spreading. Is there anything over the counter that I can use to treat it or do I need to go to the er for it. Recently moved so don't have a family doctor yet. Tried putting Neosporin on it and it helped and went away but after one night the symptoms returned and got worse.
Posted Fri, 31 Jan 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 34 minutes later
Brief Answer: Please post your query precisely . Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for your query, I shall be happy if you can be precise in mentioning the soreness on genital area as regards whether you have soreness over penis ,scrotum or groin.It will help me in making comments on your problem. If possible upload photographs of the lesion. I shall be happy to help you after I get feedback from you. Thanks ans Regards. Dr.Patil.
Follow-up: What is the treatment for soreness in genital area and stomach pain? 11 minutes later
The wound is on the right side of the penis shaft. There is no odor and only a small yellowish white discharge from it when cleaned.
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 2 hours later
Brief Answer: It looks to be infectionof the hair follicle. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for feedback and photograph looks to be infection of the hair follicle. You need to take broad spectrum antibiotic like Cefexine along with anti inflammatory drug like Diclofenac twice daily along with topical antibiotic ointment like Neosporin twice daily. Ensure to clean your genital with warm water before applying Neosporin. Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil.