What is the treatment for sore in perineum caused due to constipation?

After straining on toilet due to constipation my perineum is very sore and looks and feels swollen. Will this heal on its own
Posted Tue, 21 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Vijay Varma 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Laxatives and fibre rich diet Detailed Answer: Hello madam , From the history you have given , looks like you have a anal fissure or hemorrhoids . If you have pain and tenderness probably it is a perineal abscess. It would be better to start local anaesthetic agents like Lignocaine or Benzocaine gels it very severe pain. It does not look to settle on its own. I would start my patients with a laxative and, encourage them to take fibre rich diet and to go vegetarian for few days. Also a sitz bath (hot water in pan with antiseptic lotion) would be of help. Please get back to me for further queries.
Follow-up: What is the treatment for sore in perineum caused due to constipation? 10 minutes later
Okay thank you. Will try those suggestions and see how i go