What is the treatment for sore bum?

Dermatologist
Question
I have sore bum with few days. When I urinate it stings area by anus. No blood. Did stool movement last week that was soft but very wide. I rubbed a lot too. Bum is irritated not always itchy. Stings now and again and can't say it really pains a lot
Posted Thu, 2 Jan 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 24 minutes later
Brief Answer: details below Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query. probably you have developed a fungal infection. The groin and buttock area is very moist and prone to develop these infection. Please use an anti fungal powder like clotrimazole twice daily. This will give you relief. Let me know if you have any other doubts. Thank you

Follow-up: What is the treatment for sore bum? 11 minutes later
Thank you. I had rectal examination in July by my GP and he said it was all clear. I'm so afraid I'd have anal cancer. Would that develop in a few months. I'm sorry about this. Also my GP did bowel tumour marker test and it was clear as were my bloods bar thyroid , wheat intolerance and menopause

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 8 hours later
Brief Answer: details below Detailed Answer: Hello Sorry for the delay in reply. Dont worry it is not cancer. Cncer develops with ulcers and very rapidly growing lesions. Give it a try with anti fungals. you may get relief. Let me know if you have any other doubts. Thank you

Follow-up: What is the treatment for sore bum? 44 hours later
Hi again I had an occult blood test dine today and it was clear. I didn't know I was having it done and forgot to tell the doctor I take multivites which as 30mg of vitamin c daily. I see in internet you are not to take more than 250mg per day before the test as otherwise give false negative reading. I think I should be okay to rely on the result when it's only 30mg per day. What do you think Thanking you in advance

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 5 hours later
Brief Answer: details below Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the follow up. Yes you can rely on the test. Occult blood test is done to detect parasitic gastric infection. It doesn't appear that you have a parasitic infection. Just continue with the anti fungal. you will get good result. Thank you