What is the treatment for some fat accumulation on body?

I am having some fat accumulation on my body its like lump or febroied what doctors say....Please let me know is their any cure for the same....
Posted Wed, 4 Dec 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Prasad 16 hours later
Brief Answer: Surgical excision is the cure... Detailed Answer: Hi, Lipoma or a fibroma/neurofibroma are the two most common causes of external lumps on the body. Both these are completely harmless and rarely threaten you. Though it is going to be completely harmless, conservative treatment through medication or any other alternative treatment will not be effective in resolving the lump. You need surgical excision which alone is the going to take care of this issue. For all practical purposes, surgical excision is recommended only lipoma is cosmetically disfiguring or causing you pain. Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications. Regards
Follow-up: What is the treatment for some fat accumulation on body? 25 minutes later
Hi Dr. Prashad, Their are 2-3 places one at the back bone 6 inch from the hip joint that makes pain while sitting for a long time.....I have heard about some methods to dissolve these fats by ultrasonic and the liquid fat can be extracted from needle injection.....Please help and confirm is this information is correct.... will be waiting for your reply sir also wanted to know is there any specialist for the same disorder....
Answered by Dr. Prasad 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Lipoclasia technique has varied success results... Detailed Answer: Dear XXXXXXX Ultrasound based cavitation procedure on lipids cells also known as lipoclasia has varied success results especially on lipoma. It has better success results on normal fat cells. But in case of lipoma where there are tough connective tissues, though lipoclasia has potential to reduce the size whether or not it can successfully remove all the tumor and whether or not you would have a recurrence is unknown. We have much better results with surgical excision. Further more, lipoclasia is not effective if you have fibroma or neurofibroma. Therefore before you opt for any procedure, I recommend you consult a surgeon for close examination. The doctor can perform an ultrasound scan to confirm the mass. You can then take an informed decision - whether to go for surgical excision or ultrasound cavitation procedure. Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications. Regards
Follow-up: What is the treatment for some fat accumulation on body? 3 hours later
Hi Dr. XXXXXXX It will great help if you provide some of your recommendation for the places were they have the facility of the ultrasound cavitation procedure and ultrasound scan for the same disorder in Pune.......
Answered by Dr. Prasad 21 minutes later
Brief Answer: Scan is available at most investigation centres... Detailed Answer: Ultrasound scan is a common diagnostic tool. Most investigation centre, hospital or nursing home would have it. However you might need a prescription along with details of clinical features from your surgeon to help the radiologist scan accurately diagnose the condition. Therefore I recommend you visit a surgeon before you opt for ultrasound scan. Lipoclasia is done at cosmetic clinics. A cosmetic surgeon who performs liposuction should be able to perform this procedure. As I practice far away from Pune, I am not well versed with doctors there. Hence it is better consult a general surgeon first before doing ultrasound and lipoclasia. Hope it is clear. You may close the discussion if all your questions are answered. Regards