What is the treatment for small pink bumps on the side of tongue?

I had a sore on the side of my tongue that had a white tip and looked like extra skin. It was somehwat painful. It has since decreased in size and is now a small red/pink bump. Overall it is about 3 weeks old.
Posted Mon, 20 Jan 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer: It would slowly regress completely!! Detailed Answer: Hi and thank you so much for this query. I am so sorry to hear bout this sore you had on your tongue. The good news is that it is already regressing and this is the general evolution of mouth sores. Majority of mouth sores are called canker sores. They are treated by controlling for symptoms, especially pain and rinsing the mouth daily with an antiseptic solution. Considering the information you have provided, I don't think there is any need for these measures right now. The small red bump should slowly regress with time. It represents granulation tissue that was produced for the healing process. I will recommend that you simply monitor this over the next weeks and do not seek any further medical attention unless something new comes up. I hope you find this information helpful. I wish you the best of XXXXXXX Thank you so much for using our services and please, feel free to ask for clarifications and more information if need be. Thanks. Dr. Ditah, MD.
Follow-up: What is the treatment for small pink bumps on the side of tongue? 3 minutes later
To be more specific it is more on the underneath portion of the tongue. Does this make any difference?
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 11 minutes later
Brief Answer: Honestly, NO! Detailed Answer: Hi and thanks for following up with me. It does not really make any difference. Unless it is causing any troubling symptoms like pain, bad mouth odor, etc that interferes with your feeding or comfort, we would not be ding anything specific. Just for your information, small bumps that have not been present for long are really concerning. In most cases, they benign. We only get aggressive with longstanding bumps that raise the suspicion of a possible cancerous lesion. Hope this helps. I wish you well. Dr. Ditah, MD.