What is the treatment for sleeplessness and anxiety after pregnancy?

My wife delivered a baby on Nov 17th. She was having this condition of sleepless XXXXXXX and anxiety before pregnancy. After pregnancy, this has increased. She is having problem in sleeping and the anxiety level have gone up. She says she is not thinking about any problem or any other matter as such. Appreciate if you can guide us to a good Dr. or a councilor for helping her.
Posted Tue, 31 Dec 2013 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 10 hours later
Brief Answer: Psychiatrist Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your query. As such, post delivery is a stressful period and with history of anxiety I would consider it only gets worse than any better. I suggest you to get her to a Psychiatrist for complete evaluation and counselling based on the study. Also there is risk in using any medication for her anxiety as she is lactating. Its better to consult a Psychiatrist who would know better how to proceed. Regards,
Follow-up: What is the treatment for sleeplessness and anxiety after pregnancy? 7 hours later
Thanks Doctor. Appreciate if you can suggest some good Psychiatrist in Bangalore please.
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 16 hours later
Brief Answer: Details are below Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing back. Dr XXXXXXX M J XXXXXXX Hospital 0000 080-0000 or 080-0000 or Dr S Bhat 283 1st Floor, 11th Main, (perpendicular to 14th cross), Opposite XXXXXXX College , Indiranagar 2nd Stage, Bangalore, Karnataka 560038 Phone:080 4122 7102 Regards,