What is the treatment for skin rash accross the body due to Cipro allergy?

I developed a rash while taking Cipro for a sinus infection. 8 days after taking the drug I broke out with hives all over my body. Now, two weeks later I still have the same bumpy rash on the back of my hands, my arms and back. I am wondering if this is something other than a reaction to medication.
Posted Sun, 19 Jan 2014 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer: probably a drug's side effect Detailed Answer: Hi and thank you so much for trusting us with your health query. I am so sorry to hear about this rash. Skin rash has been well documented as a possible side effect of ciprofloxacin. Because this rash started after taking this drug, it makes this likely. This rash rarely disappears immediately after stopping the drug. However, we should expect a gradual improvement until it completely resolves. If you do not have any new rash breaking out, I will suggest that you exercise some more patience hoping that this would completely disappear without need of any further medical intervention. Please, make sure you report this occurrence to your doctors as drug allergy so that they would factor it in when they are making drug prescriptions to you in future. For now, I think it is a drug allergy. I will recommend that you exercise patience because healing is rarely immediate. I hope this helps. I wish you well. Thanks for using our services and please feel free to ask for clarifications if need be. Dr. Ditah, MD.