What is the treatment for shortness of breath on exertion while suffering from Laryngopharyngeal Reflux?
User rating for this question
Posted Tue, 28 Jan 2014 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Ashish Verma 1 hour later
Brief Answer: yes it can be due to it Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX This is Dr. Ashish Verma, a general surgeon, answering to your query. All your reports are normal, though the rbc count is a bit high but not that high as to cause any worry. Also the peripheral smear is completely normal. So there is absolutely no cause to worry. Regarding to your second query, lpr reflux can lead to pharyngitis, aspiration pneumonia and in severe cases, even lung abscess. Your sob on exertion is not a serious issue, as your pft and 2d-echo are normal. It is seen in lpr reflux. So, you need to get your lpr reflux treated promptly. As your fever and sob on exertion may be due to an episode of mild pneumonia. You need to start a ppi with levosulpride combination, and get an endoscopy to know the exact status inside and also to rule out any coexisting hiatus hernia, as it is very commonly seen in patients with lpr reflux. Also stop the intake of tea, coffee, soda brinks, chocolate and very spicy and oily products. Eat small frequent meals, and do not lie down for atleast one hour after a meal. Hope that i have answered to all your queries. If you have further queries, i will be glad to answer them. Get Well Soon! Dr. Ashish Verma
Follow-up: What is the treatment for shortness of breath on exertion while suffering from Laryngopharyngeal Reflux? 14 minutes later
Answered by Dr. Ashish Verma 31 minutes later
Brief Answer: lpr can aggravat sob Detailed Answer: Hi, Lpr reflux can cause sob, and if you have it already then it can aggrevate it and also cause pharyngitis... the acid causes irritation to mucosa of pharynx and the inflamed mucosa is prone for infection and can this inflamed mucosa is prone to spasm, aggravating sob on exertion... And as your eob is concerned, you can take a bronchodilator for it...but you need consult your physician as these are prescription drugs... Hope i have answered all your query...if you dont have further queries you can close this discussion and rate the response. Regards Dr. Ashish Verma
Follow-up: What is the treatment for shortness of breath on exertion while suffering from Laryngopharyngeal Reflux? 20 minutes later
plz name a ppi with levosulpride i will take that thnx for answer
Answered by Dr. Ashish Verma 5 minutes later
Brief Answer: Pantium-L Detailed Answer: Hi, Many such combination are easily available at the chemist, like Pantium-L, Neopride Total, etc. These are prescription drugs But as i had said these are prescription drugs, so need to meet your local doctor for it and their dosage schedule. Regards Dr. Ashish Verma
People also viewed
- Is shortness of breath or troubled breathing a side effect of solodyn?
- What is the treatment for laryngopharyngeal reflux disease
- Is shortness of breath or troubled breathing a side effect of simponi?
- Lip stitches soft peeling skin
- Treatment and cure for laryngopharyngeal reflux disorder
- Is shortness of breath or troubled breathing a side effect of aldara?
- Swollen lips and red patches on skin
- Treatment and cure for Laryngopharyngeal reflux
- Part of lip turning white
- Is general feeling of illness a side effect of mycophenolate mofetil?
- Tingling sensation on lips tongue and palm
- Why do i pick lips
- Treatment for laryngopharyngeal reflux
- Is decrease in the frequency of urination a side effect of combivent?
- Treatment and cure for laryngopharyngeal reflux disease