What is the treatment for sharp pain in abdomen?

for the last 48 hours when Im in my bed propped up in a sitting position on my laptop watching tv for minutes or hours I feel fine, but when I get up I've noticed a minor but sharp pain in my lower right adomen a couple of inches away from the right side of my bellybutton... it disapates and goes away in a couple of minutes as I walk around, there is no noticeable tenderness when I press it. I can do jumping jacks, ride bike, rapidly twist and turn hips etc... only seems noticeable when Im in that sitting up prolong position, which I have been doing a lot of this last month.
Posted Mon, 9 Dec 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 48 minutes later
Brief Answer: Likely to be a pulled muscle. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for trusting us with your health concern. The pain on the right side of the belly button that stays for few minutes is likely to be due to a pulled muscle. It is not likely to be related to an intra abdominal pathology. Most of the times such pain subsides after taking a mild pain killer and doing a hot fomentation. Doing a light massage on the area will also help in decreasing the spasm. In case the pain increases or is persistent then you need to consult your physician for a physical examination and necessary investigations like ultrasound scan. Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Rakhi Tayal.