What is the treatment for sevre pre menstrual syndrome?

what can i do for my 13 yr old daughter. the first day of her period she gets very nauseated and last month the cramps were so bad she cried and started throwing up. the er doctor 2 months ago gave her zofran because i didnt know what else to do for her. she is due to start in two days .
Posted Tue, 21 Jan 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. T Shobha Deepak 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Antispasmodic will be helpful Detailed Answer: Namasthe Welcome to Healthcare-Magic Greetings of the day Its quite common for adolescent to experience some for symptoms like nausea, colicky abdominal pain , emotional liablity, backache. Its part of Pre-menstrual syndrome. Ovulatory cycles are usually painful. I would suggest you the following which will definitely help her 1. Avoid Caffeine/carbonated beverages 2.Avoid Spicy Oily/oily food 3. Combination Of Mefanamic acid and antispasmodic like Hyoscine butyl bromide may help relieve her abdominal cramps. 4. Maintain good nutrition and adequate intake of water 5. For Nausea and Vomiting Zofran which is Ondansetaron an anti-emetic can be used. 6. Proton Pump inhibitor like Pantoprozole may be started now and continued through menses. Home remedies may not help truly. So the above medicines that I suggest will come with prescription only. In case you need any further assistance, will be glad to assist you. Take Care Best Regards Dr T Shobha Deepak MBBS,MD