What is the treatment for severe stomach ache with diarrhea?

My 6 year old daughter woke up around 5am this morning crying aggressively complaining of a severe tummy ache. She is having diarrhea and feels miserable. My wife has been throwing up with diarrhea over the past three days and she think she might have stomach flu that she now passed on to my daughter. My daughters name is XXXX. She is not a child that ever complains so this is really worrying mt. Do I get some anti diarrhea medicine or take her to the ER.
Posted Wed, 15 Jan 2014 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Jawahar Ticku 18 hours later
Brief Answer: GIT Infection Detailed Answer: Dear XXXX, Your daughter may get well with Oral re hydration solution which is electrolyte and salt powder available on the counter. It should be administered to her in sips frequently so that she does not get dehydrated. Most of the times this diarrhea settles on its own. If it does not settle within a day and the frequency of loose motions is increasing you should consider to take her to ER. If ER is not imminently possible you should give her over the counter available medicine in the form of pectin and kaolin combination. It looks like simple infection, but I am sure Kensington should be fine soon. Truly, Dr. J. Ticku