What is the treatment for severe sexual dysfunction due to psychological reasons?

I've been dealing with severe sexual dysfunction for several years now. Both my primary care physician and urologist believe that the issue is psychological. I'm still concerned because I have also had neuropathic symptoms. I feel strange sensations on the bottom of my right heel, especially when I stretch my right leg. I am also having electric shock sensation whenever I cup my hands, especially my right hand. This occurs mostly when I'm at working on my computer. I also get numbness in my hands whenever I wake up in the morning. I also have occasional lower back pain it was more sever whenever I weighed more. I have also been diagnosed with depression since I was 11 years old and have severe anxiety as well. I am a hypochondriac but I'm concerned that I may have MS. My PCP does not think I need to see a neurologist. I don't have any coordination issues. I have spent a lot of money and have gone into debt to trying to find an answer for my sexual dysfunction but nothing has helped. I've been dealing with numb hands and feet on and off since I was a teenager. I has never really been a major problem with it and still don't. I've had some level of sexual dysfunction since I was in my early 20s but it has gotten a lot worse in the past 2 years. My anxiety about MS have increased in the past year and now I think about it everyday. I also have low testosterone but my levels have been brought back to normal. I am currently 50 - 60 lbs over weight but have lost 35 lbs in the past 6 months in an attempt to help my ED. My question is should I continue to spend money and try to see a neurologist or should I take a wait and see approach? In the mean time I am focusing on getting to my ideal weight. I quit smoking a year ago. I currently take 300 ml of testosterone every two weeks. 1-2 Klonopin a day for anxiety and wellbutrin. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks!
Posted Thu, 2 Jan 2014 in Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 44 minutes later
Brief Answer: counselling should help--------------------------- Detailed Answer: Welcome to the forum. Sorry to know about the bad situation and thanks for the good history narration. I have not understood your actual erectile problem. How bad is it? Are you NOT able to penetrate at all or just unable to maintain erection till ejaculation? Kindly qualify! My views on this and things that can bring a change are--- 1. Weight management. 2. Good life style in the form of strict diet, regular exercise. 3. Consider getting counselled by a psychologist who could help in getting over the mindset problem and obsession on the MS issue that you have. 4. Nitric oxide supplements like L- Arginine. 5. PDE5 inhibitors like Viagra and its latest generations should definitely help you. It is treatable and worry aggravates the situation. You may wait to you see a neurologist, who might address the pains that you have but the erectile problem may take a last seat in the discussion. Meanwhile kindly write back on the erectile problem. Truly,
Follow-up: What is the treatment for severe sexual dysfunction due to psychological reasons? 36 minutes later
Since I have lost 35 lbs. the erections are a little better but not much. Lack of libido is the big issues. I feel if I could get my libido back Cialis would work much better for me to have penetrative sex. If I stop watching porno for a couple of weeks and don't masturbate I feel like I could have penetrative sex, possibly without any assistance. Since the weight loss I can masturbate fully erect but once I stop touching my penis it immediately goes soft. I can also take me a while to achieve orgasm. I think worry is definitely a part of my sexual difficulties but it just seems something else isn't quit right. I also take L-Arginine it helps with morning erections, 10,000 IU of D3 and 5000mg of b12 everyday. Any other feedback you can give me would be so helpful. I've spent thousands of dollars on trying to find an answer. Is MS a realistic possibility? You don't have to answer if you don't want to but it would put my mind at is if you said it was doubtful. Although I am terrified of MS, I have been since I was 17. The problem I really want fixed is my ED. I'm 31 and would like to have a family but as is I can't even keep a girlfriend! Thanks for your help.
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 6 hours later
Brief Answer: Exercise,restore testosterone,cialis,cut porno---- Detailed Answer: Welcome back. I will put down my thoughts. Worry is the real culprit in your case. Weight reduction not only controls your abdominal fat levels, it make you brisk and your penis should appear longer and bigger due to the relative size of the abdomen and the penis, which may stimulate your partner better . Exercise has other benefits too - feeling of well being, freshness all day and so on. The erectile problem is due to the additive effect of mind set, blood vessel disease due to previous smoking and possible neurological element because of other related symptoms. Porno is not only addicting, its unnatural sex may give you more worry due to inability to perform in the bed. Kindly get back to reality, stop watching them, use the time for more physical exercises or relaxation. Testosterone levels - if restored should be able to get your sexual interest- libido - back. I am not the correct person to talk about MS, but the worry of it seems even more XXXXXXX that the disease itself. If you are so worried, kindly convince your GP FOR A NEUROLOGY REFERRAL. Lastly, CIALIS may be used as you wish - to a maximum dose of 20 mg to make you more comfortable and to start a family as well. Hope i have cleared some of your doubts., Truly,
Follow-up: What is the treatment for severe sexual dysfunction due to psychological reasons? 3 hours later
Thank You very much you have been very helpful!
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 2 hours later
Brief Answer: welcome Detailed Answer: Wish you great health. Dr Srinivasan.G, Consultant Urologist.