What is the treatment for severe pain caused due to lower back pain?

I'm suffering from lower backpain. If i sit in squat position even for 5 minutes and then get up, I get severe pain and can not stand straight for few minutes. The same happens if I stand for a more than 10 minutes. Please suggest.
Posted Sat, 1 Feb 2014 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Prasad 2 hours later
Brief Answer: You may need to be evaluated... Detailed Answer: Hi, Low back ache has various causes. From your description, back pain that arises after squatting and prolonged standing may be related to posture or muscular aches. I would like you to consult a doctor who can perform a local examination of the back. He/she can order X-ray and other radiological tests along with blood count, ESR and nutritional work up to exclude spinal condition. I request for these tests since you report of chronic back ache. If the back ache was of short duration, it should settle down with pain killers such as topical pain relievers - relaxyl spray and antiinflammatory pain killer such as diclofenac. Chronic back ache will need evaluation as suggested. Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications Regards