What is the treatment for severe body acne?

I have PCOS and have horrible acne... I take spirolactone and hypo-thyroid medication but I have horrible all over body acne, black heads, white heads, and swollen cysts. I also can't take hardcore antibiotics because it interferes with my lithium. I was hoping you could suggest anything to help clear up my painful skin a bit.
Posted Wed, 25 Dec 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. R.G. Joshi 40 minutes later
Brief Answer: isotretinoin topical clindamycin Detailed Answer: Hello thanks for writing to healthcare magic.You are having grade 4 acne.Cause of sever acne in your case us pcod.This leads to hormonal imbalance causing acne.Tratment option for such severe acne is isotretinoin and oral contraceptives.Lasers will also work.But these treatments have to be taken under the guidance of a dermatologist.I will advise you to apply plane clindamycin cream tpoically which can prvent infections.You can use it safely.Do control your diet and weight.Remember your acne are part of pcos.Hope this will help you.Take care.