What is the treatment for scales between gums and teeth?

ENT Specialist
slimey, scales come out between gums ,thread comes from left side ofjaw can"t get it out The slimy comes from under my top lip ,scales come from between gums & Teeth, thread coming out of jaw. Thread is like nylon. The slimy leaves a coat it cracks off and does every thing again. This has been going on for two years.I've been to my regular Dr. 3 Dentist, 2 Ear&Nose Dr's.
Posted Tue, 10 Dec 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Abhishek Sharma 4 hours later
Brief Answer: consult dentist ,look for the cause Detailed Answer: Hello, Slimy threads is mucosa which comes out or peels off. This can occur if there is trauma to the mucosa by any reason like alcohol, smoking, GERD, trauma while brushing, nutritional deficiency and so on. If you were to be my patient, I would look at each of these causes. I would start you on multivitamin pills and encourage you to take more of citrus fruits. I would also start you on antacid for few weeks to see if that helps. If there is no response from vitamins and antacids, I would recommend a second opinion from a dentist to rule out mucosal biting. Hope this helps. Feel free to ask for clarifications Regards