What is the treatment for redness in eye and swelling around eyelid?

I got sucker punched by a dishonorable man, My eye is red on one side, and swollen around the eyelid and below the eye. One thing i have noticed is my eye is sensitive to light at times, when this happens I cover with an eye patch. After a few minutes I remove it and my eye feels normal, this happens more at night. Is this a serious symptom or will it repair itself soon?
Posted Sat, 18 Jan 2014 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 19 minutes later
Brief Answer: Emergency Detailed Answer: this is actually an Ophthalmalogical emergency. It is absolutely important that you see a medical doctor as soon as possible. This is not something that you want to wait and watch. Sometimes there can be correctable issues with your doctor can address to minimize any problem with your vision. Otherwise we will just be speculating which is extremely XXXXXXX when we are talking about your vision. Thanks again for sending your question. Dr. Galamaga
Follow-up: What is the treatment for redness in eye and swelling around eyelid? 7 hours later
thank you for your response, is there anyway you could refer me to an Ophthalmologist on this site?
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 47 hours later
Brief Answer: New Request. Detailed Answer: best would be for you to request a direct query to an ophthalmologist on the website
Follow-up: What is the treatment for redness in eye and swelling around eyelid? 18 days later
I’m doing good, my eye has healed with out medication and is doing 100% better, thank you for your concern. I have another question. Is there any new medication to help either cure or help the symptoms of herpes?
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 26 hours later
Brief Answer: Follow-up Detailed Answer: thanks for the follow up question. Unfortunately we do not have a cure for herpes. Medication can be used to keep this virus under control. I would talk about this with your doctor and your doctor might consider providing you with medication if this is what you need. I am very glad to know that your vision is getting better and better and you need to be recovering very well. Sincerely, Dr. G