What is the treatment for redness and swollen palm due to thorn prick?

I got stuck by a thorn from a crown of thorn plant and I thought I opened it up and got the pus out. I have been using peroxide and alcohol and then Neosporin but the palm of my hand is red, hot and swollen still. I have started soaking it in hot salt water. The pain is great What else can I do?
Posted Fri, 24 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Madam, Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX Well looking into the problem I will like to tell you that you should see a surgeon because sometimes thorn prick may lead to spread of infection in hand spaces which can be a potentially XXXXXXX condition . A course of antibiotics will be required and highly recommended. The hand needs to be examined before starting any of these . An antiinflammatory will also be required like naproxen. Take care. Dr. Shruti