What is the treatment for recuuring urinary infection?

May 2014

thank you its not me personally but it my mother she is continuesly on antibiotics for urinary problems and as soon as antibiotics are finished its back again even tho shees on an ongoing antibiotic which dosent seem to be working. she is nearly 85. hope you can help.
Posted Sun, 19 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Vivek Chail 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Urine culture and sensitivity test suggested Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing in to us. Your mother might be having an antibiotic resistant urinary infection or the antibiotics are not as sensitive to kill all the bacterial strains if its a mixed infection. I suggest you get her urine sample culture and sensitivity test done and then take antibiotics as prescribed by your doctor in required doses. Also tell her to drink enough fluids and juices and not hold urine for long durations. Hope your query is answered. Do write back if you have any doubts. Regards, Dr.Vivek