What is the treatment for recurring painful UTI after a bladder suspension long ago?
User rating for this question
I am a 68 year old female. I have been continuing to be treat for a UTI. but pain never goes away. It hurts to walk and sit. It feels better when I lie down and then get up several hours later, only to return to the sever pain. I had a bladder suspension about 12 years ago.
Posted Tue, 21 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 2 hours later
Brief Answer: There is more than UTI Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query. I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through. UTI pain is certainly very bad pain but there should be no change with the position. As you have mentioned that the pain reduces on lying down just to return when you stand up suggests that there is something more than UTI. There seems to be some surgical cause as as you have already undergone bladder suspension earlier, it should be related to that. You should get a fresh USG abdomen done to have a look at all the contents of the abdomen. Further to treat the UTI, as you might have already tried plenty of antibiotics its better to get a culture and sensitivity done and identify the exact antibiotic which will be helpful for you. Hope I am able to answer your concerns. If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you. If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback. In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link: bit.ly/dr-srikanth-reddy Wish you good health, Kind regards Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.
People also viewed
- What is the treatment for reoccurring uti and bladder prolapse
- Suggest treatment for recurring uti
- What is the best treatment for uti
- Black spots on cuticle
- What does rapid motility and sluggish motility mean in sperm
- Headaches dizziness blacking vision
- Black patches on tongue dizzy fatigue
- What does severely amorphous sperm mean
- Black dot on pinky toe
- What is the treatment for groin pain due to uti
- Black dots on fingertips
- What dose it mean when your period is chunky
- What is the proper treatment for uti
- What happens if someone has dilated kidney
- What happens if one right chamber of heart of new born baby is small