What is the treatment for recurrent boils in the vaginal area abnd will betnovate help?
User rating for this question
Posted Thu, 9 Jan 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 26 minutes later
Brief Answer: DETAILED BELOW Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for writing to us with your health query. Betnovate would have generally no effect on boils, as boils indicate infection, and betnovate is a steroid, it can even flare up and worsen the problem. Recurrent boils in the vaginal area could be due to folliculitis. This is infection of the hair follicles which are present in the area. You might be more prone to it, if you shave frequently. Maintain meticulous perineal hygiene. Get your blood sugars tested. Wear cotton underpants and change them frequently to avoid dampness. Do not use soaps, gels, cleansers, douches on the private parts. Clean gently with lukewarm water and XXXXXXX dry with a soft towel. Avoid unprotected sex, till the boils heal. IF sexually active, please have STD screening for yourself and your partner. Get your partner's blood sugars also tested. You might be having allergy to latex present in condoms, tissue paper, sanitary napkins, tampons, soaps etc. Change sanitary napkins frequently during periods, and use a local dusting powder like Neosporin to keep the area dry. Apply Betadine or Metrogyl antibiotic cream on the boils. Do not itch , handle or scratch them. If they do not respond , or recur frequently, then you might need systemic ( oral ) antibiotics to clear the persistent infection. Please see a gynecologist for the local examination and a vaginal swab which will identify the offending organism. DO NOT self medicate. Popping the boils, and spilling pus on the adjacent normal skin will lead to spread of infection. All the best. PLease feel free to discuss further.
Follow-up: What is the treatment for recurrent boils in the vaginal area abnd will betnovate help? 14 hours later
THANK yOU. DOC. REALLY THIS INFORMATION VERY USEFUL TO ME. i AM ALLREADY USING CLEN & DRY POWDER. NOW WILL USE BETADINE SOLUTION ON IT.
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 21 minutes later
People also viewed
- Recurrent boils on testicles what can i do
- Small child fever cold feet taking neurofen for children suggestions
- Flagyl effective against pseudomonas aeruginosa ?
- Grossesse pseudomonas aeruginosa
- Pseudomonas aeruginosa et grossesse
- Causes of recurrent boils
- Swollen lymph node beneath clavicle should i be concerned
- Symptoms of Recurrent boils
- Pseudomonas aeruginosa hair loss
- Treatment and cure for Recurrent boils
- Diagnosis of Recurrent boils
- Throbbing sensation in forehead twitching in right eye life threatening
- Gram stain shows occasional gram negative bacilli effective remedy
- Pseudomonas aeruginosa in prgnancy
- Heavy spotting back pain abdominal tightness tingling in breast pregnant