What is the treatment for pulling sensation in the back of my thighs?

hi. my doctor says I have shingles, but I do not have rash or blisters, the back of my thighs on the lest side feels like my mucels are pulling like stretching even when I sit, or lay down, I have had this before and I usually walk it out and it goes away, but not this time, I work in a place where there is a lot of lifting, very heavy things. this is why I am so confused. can u help me?
Posted Fri, 31 Jan 2014 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Needs a closer questioning. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you so much for trusting us with your health query. I am so sorry to hear about this pain that has been diagnosed as shingles. It is true that without blisters, the diagnosis can still be made. This is referred to as zoster sine herpete. In this case, the classical presentation along a well specified dermatome must be typical. Pain caused by shingles never affect both sides at the same time. If you have pains on both sides, then I would not strongly consider it to be so. This condition is manage with antidepressants, anti seizures, etc with great results. I hope your doctor has at least tried some and if the progress is good, then may be he got it right. However, if you have not been feeling better, then i will suggest that you get properly investigated. Having been doing a lot of lifting of heavy things actually predisposes you to low back pain. This pain can radiate to the buttocks and lower limbs. I will like you to be fully examined and investigated for possible causes of low back pain that could be precipitated by your work. Talk to your doctor about this and make sure it is investigated and completely ruled. I hope you find this helpful. I wish you well. Thank you so much for using our services and please do feel free to ask for more information if need. Thanks. Dr. Ditah, MD.