What is the treatment for prolonged cough producing dark mucus experienced with coldness and shivers?
User rating for this question
Hi, I have had a cough which produces rusty coloured muscus, for two weeks coughing can be quite prolonged making my sides hurt to try and get the muscus up. this comes with coldness, shivers, very irritable,plus not wanting to do anything but keep warm. I also drink vast amounts of water. I have a history of Asthma. Taking inhalors such as Ventolin. Thanks.
Posted Sun, 5 Jan 2014 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Looks like lower respiratory tract infection Detailed Answer: Hello I have studied your case As per your history and symptoms it looks like lower respiratory tract infection or lung parenchymal disease. You need to investigate cause for lung infection like bacterial, tubercular or sarcoidosis. You may need blood investigation, HRCT thorax, and clinical examination Consulting his doctor site of infection can be confirmed, usually there can be involvement of lower respiratory tract, antibiotic can be started according to examination. If required you may need to do blood investigation for recovery. Take precaution to avoid spread of infection. Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. Wishing you good health. Take care.
People also viewed
- What are causes of prolonged cough in babies
- Symptoms of sputum eosinophilia
- Treatment and cure for Prolonged cough
- Symptoms of pulmonary damage
- Siddha treatment for prolonged cough and cold
- Babies with white poop
- B12 dosage weight loss
- Baby growth calendar week by week
- Symptoms of hypersensitivity pneumonia
- What causes a prolonged cough
- Atypical speckled ana pattern
- Symptoms of bilateral atheroma
- B12 and hyperpigmentation of the skin
- What does prolonged cough indicate
- Symptoms of eosinophilic bronchitis