What is the treatment for post concussion syndrome ?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
My pastor recently had hip surgery. While in the operating room with his legs still held in place, he fell off the operating table striking his head quite hard. He did suffer a concussion and is displaying symptoms of Post Concussive Syndrome a full month after the operation. I know that anesthesia is not advised after a concussion, but he was under anesthesia when the concussion occurred. Are there any special concerns in this case?
Posted Sat, 8 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Recovery may be delayed. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for posting your query. Since he has suffered a concussion under anaesthesia the recovery from the concussion may be delayed to some extent. In most people, post-concussion syndrome symptoms occurs within the first seven to 10 days and goes away within three months. The treatment is done according to the symptoms. Pain killers can help with the headache. For other symptoms cognitive therapy and anti depressants may help after consulting a neurologist. I hope this answers your query. In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Praveen Tayal. For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL