What is the treatment for poor vision at night after cataract surgery?

I'm 86 years old having problem driving after dark. is there anything to help.
Posted Wed, 8 Jan 2014 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 14 minutes later
Brief Answer: The common cause is glare because of cataract. Detailed Answer: Hello, SIR Welcome to health care magic Iam Dr. DADAPEER K, an Ophthalmologist and I answer health problems related to eye. Since you are elderly aged man, complaining of difficulty in driving in darkness, the first I would like to consider is the problem of glare. Glare can be earliest sign of cataract, a common age related problem. But since you have told you have undergone eye surgery in october 2012, I dont know whether it was cataract surgery or something else. Please provide more information regarding that surgery. The next thing to be considered is age related macular degeneration affecting the central part of the retina called as macula. The other informations I require are Please mention what surgery you have underwent in 2012 Whether you use spectacles or not, if you are using mention the power what you are using whether the difficulty in driving is because of glare or because of decreased vision Please do mention the answer for these questions so that I can answer you more accurately. Thank you
Follow-up: What is the treatment for poor vision at night after cataract surgery? 2 hours later
the eye surg. was for cataract in both eyes I do wear glasses to read and drive but cant tell any difference with on or off and dont know the spect. on glasses
Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 7 hours later
Brief Answer: Difficulty is because of glare. Detailed Answer: Hello, Sir Thank you for the follow up Since you have underwent cataract surgery in both the eyes, the next things I would like to consider for causing glare which is causing difficulty to drive in darkness are After cataract or opacification of the remnants of the capsule of the lens following cataract surgery Age related macular degenration as I had told Problems with the intraocular lens like multifocal lenses, tilting or decenteration of the lens Most of the problems which cause glare are usually treatable, hence I advice you to consult your eye doctor for examination to find out the underlying cause and treatment accordingly. Hope the information is helpful to you. Thank you