What is the treatment for pink scabs and pimples around the base of my penis after protected sex?

Question
I had protected sex a few days ago and few hours later I got a pimple around the base of my penis then it popped now there is a pink hard scab. should I be worried it's something serious
Posted Sun, 26 Jan 2014 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 25 hours later
Brief Answer: Need not worry Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your query. The lesion you got within few hours of the sexual exposure my not be due to a infection. The lesion could be secondary to friction. I suspect it to be a friction boil burt to form a scab over time. Need not worry, this is harmless and does not cause any complications. If the lesions re-appears then d visit a dermatologist. Regards,

Follow-up: What is the treatment for pink scabs and pimples around the base of my penis after protected sex? 1 minute later
Here is a picture what it looks like now.

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 5 hours later
Brief Answer: Raw surface after friction boil Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the image. After having a look though the image I stick to my earlier opinion. Do apply Bactroban or Mupimet ointment over the raw wound. It may clear within 2 or 3 days without leaving any complications. Regards,

Follow-up: What is the treatment for pink scabs and pimples around the base of my penis after protected sex? 3 minutes later
Ok thank you so I shouldn't be worried about an std or herpes

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 5 minutes later
Brief Answer: Yes, Detailed Answer: Hi, Need not worry. Bactroban would heal the wound. if not consult a Dermatologist. Regards,

Thank you so much.

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 7 minutes later
Brief Answer: You are welcome Detailed Answer: Wish you good health. Regards,