What is the treatment for person infected with animal mites?

this is a skin question.
how is person infected with animal mites treated. mostly when the mites are clustered in the hair ?
Posted Sun, 17 Nov 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Ilyas Patel 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
There are many mites common to man & animals.

Detailed Answer:

There are many mites which inhabitate animal skin as well as human skin. Sarcoptidae and demodicidae groups mite are the examples.

In human scalp hairs, most common is pediculosus capitis.

Benzyle benzoate or gamma benzine hexachloride lotion applied at night on scalp
And cleansing the scalp with savlone in the morning once aweek would be the best treatment to be free of pediculosis capitis.

The permethrin is now used in the same way.

Orally ivermectin 6 to 12 mg may be taken at night once a week.

I hope you got my answer. You consult dermatologist. And any query, you may ask.

Dr. Ilyas Patel Md
Follow-up: What is the treatment for person infected with animal mites? 19 hours later
Thank you Dr XXXXXXX for taking the time to answer my questions.

I have many other questions to ask, but your answers now are given me hope because i have began to think that I am dying. I have done evrything possible not to get my friends and family infested as well.

for 4 months i have no visit, i don't touch or carry any child.every one around me is getting very worried because i used to be a hugging mom, aunty and grand ma.

i was treated with Permethin x 2 with no success, that was when we all taught it was scabbie. so how do i get hold of these treament you mentionned.
Answered by Dr. Ilyas Patel 10 hours later
Brief Answer:
Affected family members should be treated.

Detailed Answer:

Welcome back.

I think,you apply gamma benzene hexachloride lotion diluted in water on scalp at night and cover the scalp with clothe for whole night. In the morning,wash the scalp and hairs with savlon liquid. You do this once a week for 4 weeks.

Take ivermectol 12 mg two days in Week for 4 weeks. If needed, take antibiotics.

I hope you may be free of mites.. Still, any query, welcome.

Dr. Ilyas Patel MD