What is the treatment for people allergic to dust,changing temperature and sunlight?
User rating for this question
my wife suffers from allergy in bangalore. She is allergic to dust, changing temperature, sunlight in particular. The allergy is stronger at the night and she takes couple of medicines before sleeping everyday. Sometimes, there is breathing problem as well.
Posted Sun, 9 Mar 2014 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. Prahlad Duggal 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Intranasal steroid sprays will help Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the query. Allergy is ac common problem and if you can not find the offending factor which can easily be avoided, the best for form of treatment for nasal component is nasal sprays. Two types of nasal sprays are available, intranasal steroid sprays or antiallergic steroid sprays. Both are safe forms of treatment and have little side effects even after long term use. Fluticasone nasal sprays or azelastine nasal sprays can be used and a combination of two is also available. Intranasal steroid sprays are the more commonly used ones and the allergic component as well as the nasal congestion also get relieved. Other than that anti allergic tablets can be used in those days when symptoms persist even after spay use but sedation is a common side effect of these. Avoiding exposure to dust and quick change in temperature helps. Breathing problem in allergic patients is usually due to chest allergy and inhalers are the best form of treatment for that. A visit to a chest specialist will help in selecting a suitable inhaler. Feel free to ask another query. Regards
People also viewed
- What treatment is good for allergic rhinitis
- Is wheezing a side effect of robinul?
- Is sweating a side effect of epipen?
- Is wheezing a side effect of valtrex?
- What is the treatment for allergic reaction in throat
- Drugs/medication for Staphylococcal septicemia
- Whats the best treatment for allergic rhinitis
- Symptoms of Staphylococcal septicemia
- Is wheezing a side effect of velcade?
- Is hives a side effect of lescol xl?
- Diagnosis of Staphylococcal pneumonia
- Symptoms of Spleen infarction
- Trichomoniasis causes
- What is the best treatment for allergic cough
- What is the treatment for allergic reaction to neosporin