What is the treatment for penile cancer and is it completely curable?

Hi sir my brother is suffering from penile cancer and had undergone partial penectromy+left ilio-inguinal block dissection and also later right sub inguinal incision. There after he went chemotherapy for 4 cycles(Adjuvant TPF). But the reports shows poor tolerance to chemo and the latest impression of ultrasound scan was 1."Large conglomerate lymph node mass with areas breakdown along left external & internal iliac measuring 12 x 11 cm displacing urinary bladder to right side." Enlarged left Para arotic node. 2.Mild left hydroureteronephrosis 3.Retroperitoneal lymphadenopathy Can my brother has any chance of survival, please suggest on this & further treatment options if any?
Posted Mon, 20 Jan 2014 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Indranil Ghosh 9 hours later
Brief Answer: It is quite advanced disease Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for your query. your brother has received the best possible treatment including chemo. But it seems that the disease has not responded to chemo and is now spreading to distant sites. Unfortunately this is an incurable disease. Also given the fact that he has already received good chemo, there is little role of any further chemo. I am sorry to say that apart from only symptomatic treatment, we do not have anything else to offer. Expected survival is poor, in the tune of few months to a year. Hope I have answered your query. I will be happy to answer any followup queries. Regards